Ecommerce stands for “electronic commerce” is buying or selling of products or services online and transfer the money to complete the sale. It all started in 1994 when a guy named Phil Brandenberger used his Mastercard to buy a product via the internet for 12.48$ and made history by the first e-commerce transaction. This particular transaction evolved e-commerce to make the product easier to discover and purchase through online marketplaces and retailers.
Types of E-commerce:
Most traditional types of E-commerce are:
- Business to Consumer (B2C) means a business is selling its products or services to a consumer. For example:Buying T-shirts from an online retailer.
- Business to Business (B2B) means a business selling products to another business. For example, Buying office furniture or software.
- Direct to Consumer (D2C) means the brand is selling directly to its customer without going through any distributor or retailer. For example, Subscription of Netflix account provides direct sales to its consumer.
- Consumer to Consumer (C2C) means a consumer sells a product or service to another consumer. For example:selling your furniture to another consumer using marketplaces like eBay.
- Consumer to Business (C2B) means consumers sell their services or products to a business organization. For Example, Udemy is a platform for learning new skills in exchange for a fee.
WordPress is a software that is used to build your website or blog to publish on the internet, it is also called the Content Management System (CMS). It is the most popular website publishing program in the world and 30% of websites on the entire internet are created from WordPress since it’s free. Once the only way to make a website was to code in HTML or PHP format, but WordPress takes any change that you make on your website and updates the code and websites for you.
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin and it has become the most popular and used e-commerce tool to create your online store. But why do you need WooCommerce?
- WooCommerce is free and all you need is to invest some time to understand the learning curves if you’re just starting. Sometimes free products aren’t good quality, but an online store for 0$ that is popular and works really.
- It is user-friendly and professional because of the quality it provides.
- It is one size that fits all platforms and accommodates your requirements. There are tons of plugins you can use and expert developers can help you plugin accordingly.
- It’s scalable and remains honest with you, as your online business grows WooCommerce will also grow with you.
New updates, upgrades, plugins, extensions, features and adds on allows you to provide your customers with exciting functionality. With product Add-Ons, your customers can personalize their product while shopping online like:
- Image-based selections
- Flat fees
- Percentage fees
- Text input
- Custom price and many more
WooCommerce team is constantly evolving and improving the coding to fix specific problems trying to make this tool better and better day-by-day to make it user-friendly and give professional quality.